Thursday, April 26, 2012

Electric Parrothead

Day 71


Electric Parrothead
3.5 shots out of 5




The weekend is almost here!  

Froze at our oldest son's baseball game tonight, so glad his weekend game is earlier in the day!  

Came home and it was time to make tonight's cocktail.  

I figured I'd use my new Spiced Rum in a cocktail tonight, so I chose Electric Parrothead.


I gave tonight's cocktail 3.5 shots out of 5.  

Personally I think I would have gone 1 of 2 different ways with this cocktail.  

Either, skip the spiced rum and just stuck with the coconut rum.

Or decreased the spiced rum to 1/2 shot and either upped the coconut rum by 1/2 shot or the pineapple juice by 1/2 a shot (depending on how coconut-ey I'm feeling).  

I think the spiced rum is a bit too spicy for this cocktail, but it wasn't horrible where I couldn't finish it.  It's not bad.......I'd just have made it a little different is all.



Here is a photo of the end result:

electric parrothead cocktail, coconut rum, malibu rum, spiced rum, clue curacao, pineapple juice

Here is a photo of the ingredients:

electric parrothead cocktail, coconut rum, malibu rum, spiced rum, clue curacao, pineapple juice



Here is the recipe for Electric Parrothead:

  • 1 shot coconut rum
  • 1 shot spiced rum
  • 1/2 shot blue curacao
  • 1 1/2 shots pineapple juice

In a shaker add ice, coconut rum, spiced rum, blue curacao and pineapple juice.  Shake up your ingredients real good.  Pour everything into a tall glass.



Cheers to tomorrow being Friday and the weekend being so close I can almost touch it!

The Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady
Cocktail Lady

Hello! My name is Jen and I am The Cocktail Lady. I am a married mom of 4 who loves creating and trying new cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment